What is liver?
Liver is the largest gland of the human body and it plays very important functions in our body. It includes;
- It is the natural body detoxifying gland which is involved in the blood detoxification from harmful substances such as toxins, drugs, alcohol and many more.
- Liver plays its role in storing vitamins and iron.
- It also converts body stored sugar in the usable sugar when the sugar level falls down from the normal range.
- It is involved in the production of a substance which is linked with the digestion called bile.
- Liver plays its role in the hemoglobin break down and old red blood cells abolishing with the insulin and other hormones.
It performs vital functions in the body but the fact is it is highly susceptible to disease. Liver is the powerhouse of the body and it is essential to cleanse liver for the optimal body functioning. Food which we eat passes through liver and it has its role in the liver detoxification.
A toxic liver may cause inflammatory issues with the arthritis, bloating, constipation, high blood pressure, autoimmune disease, diabetes, sluggish metabolism and poor control of body’s fat level or lipid ratio.
All material things demand some maintenance for prime performance. Liver also need some maintenance through her life span to improve its proficiency and endurance.
15 Super Foods to Cleanse your Liver Naturally
At this present high technology living society the importance of detoxification is getting important. Toxins are present everywhere in our surroundings. There is chemical deposition in our air, water and even in food in form of pesticides. Cleansing is crucial in this regard and it can be done naturally with the help of some natural healthy super foods.
Here is the list of 15 super foods to naturally cleanse your liver.
Walnuts have glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids in sufficient amount. These two facilitate liver in its usual detoxification process. It also carries high level of arginine which is an imperative amino acid.
Carrot and beetroot
Carrots have beta-carotene and glutathione. This made it fall in the category of food which is a great anti-oxidant. Beetroots are used for the treatment of liver diseases. It helps in lowering triglycerides which is a type of fat in your blood. Moreover it also helps in lowering blood pressure and enhancing athletic performance.