No holiday season is complete without sweet indulge. Spoil your loved ones with a slice of sugary excess by making Chocolate lavender layered cake at home. It is my deliciously dream cake and easy to make if you follow the recipe. As per the recipe, this recipe better called lavender and white chocolate layered cake.
Hope you will like the cake once you tried it at home. This is also the first I am using sour cream to add sugary delight and indulgence.
Chocolate Lavender Layered Cake Recipe
- 180g caster sugar
- 160g butter
- 50ml cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 50ml milk
- 50ml water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1tbsp baking powder
- A pinch salt
- 150g lavender caster sugar
- 1tsp fresh lavender flowers with stems.
- 200g white chocolate
- 120ml sour cream
- First of all, preheat oven to 180 degree.
- In a bowl, beat butter and caster sugar until fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa and water until smooth and then add to butter mixture.
- Beat in eggs one by one, milk, water and vanilla extract until combined.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes. When cooked, cake turns springy.
- Turn cake on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the icing.
- Melt the white chocolate and break into the cream beating until smooth. Allow ganache to cool down.
- Grind lavender sugar and plain icing sugar together. Spread a layer on top of a cake.
- Sandwich the second cake layer on top and ice with the remaining ganache. Use pearls of icing between the layers. Sweet delight is ready to be served.
Hope you like this sweet indulgence in shape of white chocolate and lavender cake. Next time, we will deliver another recipe to feed your hungry belly a much needed heaven dose. Thanks for liking and stay connected for more yummy recipes.