Avocado is fruit which looks like a big pear and dark green in colour. Its silky texture and versatile flavour make it hard to love its taste. But if we have a look at its nutritional value then we must admit it deserves to be loved by all of us. There is a saying about avocado that where avocado grow, there will be no friends of hunger and malnutrition. That’s why we are discussing proven health benefits of Avocados for you.
Avocados are one of the healthiest fruit on earth. There are present more than 25 essential nutrients and vitamins including A, B, C, E and K. it is also a source of copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and manganese. An avocado contains 35% more potassium than a banana. It is a source of fibre, protein and several beneficial phytochemicals.
Health Benefits of Avocados
- Avocado provides oleic acid which improves cardiovascular system. Moreover presence of vitamin B6 and folic acid controls homocysteine levels which are linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
- There is present 28% fibre In 100 g of avocado. This higher percentage of natural fibre content aids in digestion and helps regulate blood sugar.
- An avocado contains the master anti- oxidant glutathione which boost your body immune system and keeps your nervous system healthy.
- It also provides the lutein necessary to protect you from eye related eye degeneration and cataracts.
- Avocado is also being used to beautify your skin and hair. You can made avocado hair mask at home. You make it you need four ingredients:
- 1 peeled avocado
- 1 Tbsp. yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. essential oil
- 1 egg
Blend all ingredients to make a smooth paste. Now generously apply it on your hair. Wrap them with the plastic bag. Leave it for an hour then shampoo your hairs. You have another option to use avocado paste for your hairs as a pre- shampoo treatment.
- It is ideal for all skin types. It helps to hydrate skin. An avocado mask for your face will leave your skin soft, smooth and hydrated. If you have scars or dark spots then it is very beneficial to smooth out your skin tone. For an avocado facial mask you need these.
- ½ Avocado (ripe)
- 3 drops vitamin E oil
Blend the mixture in a smooth mass. Wash face with the Luke warm water. Apply that paste on your damp face. Gently massage the mixture. Allow it to dry completely or leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with water. Repeat that process on regular basis to get desired results.
A complete chart based on the nutrients present in 100 grams of avocado is given below:
|Nutrient||Amount||Per day requirement|
|Poly saturated fats||1.6g||–|
|Mono saturated fats||10g||–|