Lemon is a citrus fruit which is a rich source of Vitamin C. There is a common saying that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. But there should be also a saying that a lemon a day keeps the nutritionist away because of its numerous health benefits as it’s a natural fat burner of your body. It boosts up your metabolic system and maintains your body weight. It is highly recommended by the doctors, nutritionist and your gym instructor to take a glass of luke warm water and squeeze one lemon in it. Below are some important health benefits of lemon.
Health Benefits of Lemon
- If we have a look at its nutrient value, it’s a rich source of Vitamin C 128%, vitamin B6 5%, thiamine 3% and riboflavin 2%. Where % value is per 100g for example 100g of lemon provides 128% of daily requirement of vitamin C.
- It is also a rich source of minerals with 13% copper, 6% calcium, 4% iron, 4% potassium and 3% magnesium per 100g of lemon.
- It is a rich source of fiber for example 100g of lemon provides about 19 % of dietry fiber, 4% of carbohydrates, 2% protein and only 1 % calories.
- Use of lemon water in the morning helps to maintain your blood pressure. It controls your high blood pressure especially.
- It cures problems related to indigestion and constipation. As it upsurges your stomach secretions which in turn helps in digestion and also relieves constipation. These are important health benefits of lemon.
- It soothes toothache and a squeezed lemon cleanses teeth on rubbing.
- It provides relief from cold and fever.
- It cures cholera and malaria.
- A lemon squeezed in hot water provides relaxation to your foot dipped in hot water.
- Cut a lemon in half, apply some honey and gently rub onto your nose. It removes your blackheads from your nose in five minutes.
- It fades scars and removes wrinkles from your face.
- It eases pain of sunburn and bee stings.
- Reduces dandruff and gives natural shine to your hairs.
- It treats rheumatism and arthritis.
- Stops internal bleeding and nose bleeds.
- It also relives respiratory and breathing problems.
All above mentioned Lemon benefits are essential for your healthcare.