How to Heal Cracked Feet
Feet are considered to be the most ignorant part of body. We spend many bucks in saloon for facial and hair treatments. In a limited budget it is quite hard to spend money for professional foot care. So, that we keep ignoring our feet. Cracked feet are basically due to lack of moisturizer in your skin. Our foot skin has no oil glands unlike the skin of other parts of body and it is naturally dry. Sweat glands are only source of moisturization for foot skin. The reason behind that moisturizer shortage could be many. It may be due to usage of harsh chemicals, no moisturizing soaps, excessive hot showers, aging, cold weather, excessive hot bath, certain conditions like diabetes, thyroid, eczema, psoriasis and some others. We are going to guide you effective home remedies for dry cracked heels. Whatever the reasons are cracked feet looks so ugly and untidy. Like other parts of body your feet also demand some attention and care of yours.
Dry Feet Treatment
As we already mentioned that the reason behind cracked feet is a lack of moisture. Sometimes it also indicates the shortage of Zinc and Omega-3 fatty acids in your body. Standing for a long time pushes your foot muscles sideway causing a problem of dry cracked feet. Whenever you apply sun block before leaving home you use that on your face and hands. But it is very less common the use of sun block on your feet. Excessive sun exposure leads to dehydration of your skin.
There are some easy ways to treat your dry, cracked and flaky foot.
- Scrubbing is very important for your foot you can use a foot scrubber or can easily make it at home. Simply mix the granulated sugar in coconut oil and few drops of lemon. Massage your feet with this mixture. It will remove all dead skin from your feet, leaving your skin neat and soft.
- Your foot carries the long list of pressure points. These pressure points are placed at different point that soothes different pain points. A regular foot massage is very relaxing and soothing. Soak your feet for some time in hot water before taking shower. After taking a shower use a good quality moisturizer to keep them hydrated and healthy.
- Use soaps which are rich in moisturizer rather than using oil control soaps. It will keep your skin hydrated to some extent. You should also drink plenty of water to keep your whole body hydrated and healthy.
- You can use pumice stone while taking shower on regular basis it will help you a lot to get rid of dried dead skin.
- Try to wear a comfortable shoe which properly covers your feet rather than open sandals. It will keep your foot skin safe from over drying and sun exposure.
Home remedies for dry feet
These remedies are simple and easy to implement at home.
- Apply a coat of petroleum jelly or glycerine on your foot. Absorb that in your skin. Now apply another coat of it and wear thick pair of socks. Leave it overnight and get amazed by its results.
- Create a moisturizing cracked-heel cream at home. Simply mix olive oil and levander oil in a bottle. Add few drops of lemon juice and mix it well. Use that mixture on effected area whenever needed.
- Paraffin wax is a natural emollient that soothes your skin. It retains the natural oils in your skin. Place some paraffin wax in microwave or in double boiler. Add mustard oil in your wax at equal amount. Apply that thick paste on the cracks and put on wool socks. Leave it overnight to get better results.
- Eposm salt is also very useful to cure foot problems as it draws out toxins and magnesium in this salt promotes foot skin health. Add half cup of eposm saly in the tub of warm water. Soak your feet in it for 10 minutes. Gently rub your feet with the pumice stone. Now apply a mixture of glycerine and lemon juice. Repeat the process on regular basis to get fast results.
- Mentholated rub is a mixture of natural oils. You can use it also to heel your cracked feet and toe nail fungus. You just have to apply it simply on your feet overnight.