Pregnancy stretch marks appear on your skin due to stretch of skin beyond its certain skin elasticity. It comes on skin after delivery and even during pregnancy also. These visible lines are neither harmful nor they are painful but they look so unpleasant and surely undesirable by women. It is considered that you can’t escape from pregnancy stretch marks but you can surely minimize its intensity and visibility. In this article, we will guide you how to prevent pregnancy stretch marks.
Reasons behind Stretch Marks
As we already mentioned that stretch marks appears due to stretch of your skin beyond its certain elastic limit. A sudden change in our weight is basic reason behind that. Its science is just like a balloon, you fill air in it and when this air comes out you get wrinkles on it. Your abdominal area during pregnancy goes on peak at ninth month and after delivery your loose muscles shows stretch marks. In order to prevent stretch marks you have to increase your skin elasticity. Here some useful tips to prevent pregnancy stretch marks during pregnancy and after delivery are given for your help.
How to Prevent Pregnancy Stretch Marks
Easy tips to follow during pregnancy are
- During pregnancy as you pass through months your skin starts stretching. This stretching gives an itching sensation, when you rub or itches your skin it leaves a mark on it. You must have to avoid this itching. If you have any sensation of itching then just passes take soft stuff like tissue or fabric and gently rub on your skin.
- Skin moisturization is must to avoid any stretch feeling. For this purpose use natural oils and special creams to avoid stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking lots of water. Drink herbal tea, watery fruits and vegetables as an alternative.
- Having healthy and balanced diet is necessary for healthy pregnancy as well as to avoid stretch marks. Vitamin E, Vitamin A and Omega-3 are helpful for your skin health so increase this food consumption.
- Exercise regularly to maintain the elasticity of your skin. Exercises help to improve your blood circulation and also prevent you from gaining weight. Gradual weight gain reduces the risk of the occurrence of stretch marks.
- Avoid harsh chemicals and body washes which dries out your skin because they will reduce the elasticity.
Post pregnancy Stretch Marks Remedies
- Castor is a herb which can make wonders for you. Take a castor leaf applies some castor oil on it and warms it to a bearable temperature. Now wrap it around your abdominal area. It will not only minimize your marks but also helpful for weight loss. If you did not get that leave then simply apply oil at your abdominal area and cover with a plastic wrap. Now heat it with hot pad or a hot water bottle.
- You still have to stick to nourishing food and hydrated to hold the elasticity of your skin.
- Exercises on regular basis are again need to continue. Tighten up your skin and build strong muscles through exercises which are good for you.
- Apply baby oil, coconut oil, olive oil or creams containing glycolic acid and retinoid.
- Apply potato juice and coffee scrub on your stretch marks to minimize their visibility.